Monday, June 20, 2011

My Aunt Lynne's Wedding


Last Monday my sisters and I flew down to L.A. for a quick 2 day trip for my Aunt's wedding.  The wedding was held on Tuesday at the Wayfarer's Chapel in Rancho Palos Verdes.  The Chapel was as beautiful as the ceremony.  Heres their website: http://www.wayfarerschapel.org/


My sister Breanne took all the photos during the ceremony for my Aunt. Her new husband's name is Don, they met over a year ago, and have had a wonderful connection ever since.


This is Lynne's first wedding. All her friends, along with us family members couldn't have been more excited for her. I had such a fun day just being overjoyed for her happiness! So much fun!


Originally my Aunt Lynne and Don wanted to elope but my dad (her only sibling) talked her out of it. And slowly but surely more and more people wanted to be a part of their special day. People came from Vancouver (where my Aunt lived most her life), and from Maui (where she lives now) and many other places across the states and other regions of Califonia.


After the ceremony we drove up to Rolling Hills Estates (not too far away) to Frascati's Restaurant. For anyone who lives in the area, you MUST GO to this restaurant. It was wonderful food and a great atmosphere! They closed the whole restaurant just to our wedding party for the whole afternoon!


Lauren and Ryan drove down with their kids to spend the week in California, but the rest of us flew, free of children or spouses.  It was such a fun time, full of giggles and laughter.. all the good medicine!


This is the wedding party, with my Aunt and Don in the middle. (Shes the one in white!) Ha ha ha!


I announced that I needed to be in the picture because I helped with Lynne's hair... ha ha ha!


What a good looking group of siblings! I just love my family! We're so cute! Hee hee.


Next to Lynne is Don's only daughter, Jill.  On the other end my dad and his wife, Kathy.
It was a quick few days, with a flight back early Wednesday morning, but we will all reconnect in a couple weeks for our annual family vacation... this time children and spouses will be included. Ahhh!

No comments: